For Your Business
Waunakee Utilities is interested in partnering with our commercial and industrial customers to help you be as energy efficient as possible.
We can marshall the expertise of several people and organizations to provide accurate, unbiased, and useful information.
Click on one of the menu items to the left for more information.
How can your business start saving today?
Every business, from a family-owned shop to a large-scale manufacturing facility, can find ways to use energy more efficiently. We’re here to help.
Through WPPI Energy, our regional power supplier, and Focus on Energy, Wisconsin’s statewide program for energy efficiency and renewable energy, we offer many different programs to meet the needs of every business. We can help by evaluating your business and suggesting energy-efficiency projects, planning and technical assistance, financing, employee education and more.
In the meantime, here are some tips from ENERGY STAR to promote smart energy use among staff:
Learn more at www.energystar.gov/work or contact us at 608-849-8111 to contact Energy Services Representative Clint Cry at 608-825.1756.
- Use the ENERGY STAR power management settings on your computer and monitor so they go into power save mode when not in use. When possible, plug equipment into a power strip and turn it off at night and on weekends.
- Unplug electronics such as cell phones and laptops once they are charged. Adapters plugged into outlets use energy even if they are not charging.
- Use ENERGY STAR qualified bulbs. They last up to 10 times longer and use about 75 percent less energy. Turn off the lights when you leave, especially at the end of the day.
- Keep air vents clear of paper, files, and office supplies. It takes as much as 25 percent more energy to pump air into the workspace if the vents are blocked.
- Create a “green team” with co-workers to build support for energy efficiency in the workplace.